The Facebook app contains the ability to render web pages, using the Android System Webview component. “Open links externally” calls on either your default browser (if one is selected) or uses the system prompt asking you which browser you’d like to use to open the page.
The option to open links in an external browser has quietly returned to the Facebook app. The toggle — which disappeared for some users several months back — returned to the same location in Facebook’s settings as detailed in the company’s support page.
How do I use external browser on Facebook?
In the Facebook app, tap the three-line menu icon at the top right corner, then scroll down to Settings & Privacy -> Settings. Scroll down to Media. At the very bottom, you should see “Links open externally”. Check this box to enable it.
3 – Scroll down and tap Settings & Privacy. 4 – Tap Settings. 5 – Scroll down and tap Media and Contacts. 6 – Toggle the “Links open externally” setting to On (it should turn from gray to blue).
Method 1- Allow App to Open Supported Links Directly
- Open Settings on your Android phone.
- Click on Apps > See all apps.
- Select the app for which you want the links to open in-app and not the browser.
- On the App Info page, scroll down and click Open by default.
- Enable the toggle for Open supported links.
“Open links externally” calls on either your default browser (if one is selected) or uses the system prompt asking you which browser you’d like to use to open the page. That browser then opens a new tab and loads/renders the page.
How do I disable embedded browser?
To disable the embedded webview powered by Microsoft Edge:
- Open the Navigation Pane.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down to Preferences.
- Enable toggle for Use Default Browser.
You can try these steps:
- Open your Facebook app and tap on the triple-line and a menu will open.
- Scroll down slowly to Settings & Privacy.
- Tap on the Settings Button.
- Scroll down to Media & Contacts.
- Here, you will see a “Links open externally” toggle ( It needs to be off) Suggest an answer. Log in or Sign up to answer.
What browser does Facebook app use?
To make sure you have best experience possible, we recommend using the most up-to-date version of one of the following browsers: Google Chrome. Mozilla Firefox. Safari.
Is it better to use Facebook app or browser?
The Facebook application is the best in terms of energy consumption, with an overall score of 14.06 mAh to 26.33 mAh, i.e. 39% less battery consumption compared to its web version. However, the web version on Chrome displaying Facebook consumes 71% less data on the user scenario side.
By going into the Facebook app and options, scroll down to ‘Help and Settings’ and go into ‘app settings. ‘ Turn on ‘Links open externally’ so that the next time you open up a link, it will go to your default browser instead of opening within Facebook.
To find your Facebook page URL, just follow these steps: Go to www.facebook.com and login. For your personal page URL, click on your name at the top-right of your window -in the top blue banner. … The URL will then be in the address bar of your browser.
A deep link is a link that goes not only to your app, but to a specific piece of content within your app. … By using deep linking in your app ads, you are removing extra steps between clicking the ad and getting to the content that made someone want to open your app. This provides a more seamless customer experience.
How do I open URL on Facebook app?
Android devices generally show the link options in the app, but iOS devices do not.
- Open Facebook on your mobile device, navigate to the business page, and tap More.
- Scroll down and tap Show Link.
- Copy the your URL.
- Tap OK.