Instagram allows you to communicate publicly and privately with followers, mutuals, and other Instagram users. That includes sending private messages to anyone. You don’t need to follow or be followed by that user to use the app’s private messaging feature, and no one can see these messages except the recipients.
Can you secretly message on Instagram?
Unfortunately, regular Instagram users don’t have the option to hide messages in their inbox. However, you can long-press on a message thread to delete them or mute the thread, so you won’t receive notifications.
Are your direct messages on Instagram private?
Instagram Direct is a private instant messaging feature on the popular mobile photo-sharing app Instagram. It allows users to share the following with one or multiple users in a group: Plain text messages. … Disappearing photos or videos you take through the Instagram app.
How do I see private messages on Instagram?
You can also check your direct messages using Instagram on a web browser.
- Go to the official Instagram website and log in.
- Select the Messenger icon.
- Your current conversations appear in the left pane. Click a conversation to open it in the right pane.
- Type a message in the message bar.
How do you hide DM messages on Instagram?
How to Hide Instagram Chats/DM’s/Messages
- Go to your Instagram profile and click the Snap with the three stripes symbol on the options menu. …
- Snap-on ‘Settings’, followed by ‘Notifications’ and directly ‘or’ Messages.
Is it weird to message someone on Instagram?
Sometimes, it might seem like sending someone a DM is a little bit too forward, but “it’s not creepy if it’s done tastefully,” says Hecht. After all, you’re an adult, and you know what you want. “Be light, funny, and engaging when sending the message,” she advises.