Right at the top, you’ll see “Chat Settings,” and right under that is the “Theme” option. Tap the circle to the right and select an option to change things up! There are both solid colors and gradients to choose from.
How do you change the color of your DM to purple on Instagram?
Under Chat Settings, you’ll see Theme. Tap this and scroll through a selection of colors and combinations to immediately change the way your messages look. The default theme that you’ve already been using is a mix of purples and blues that you can always return to.
How do you customize your DMs on Instagram?
Update Your Instagram DMs to Access Themes
- Tap the profile icon in the bottom-right corner of the Instagram app.
- Tap the hamburger icon in the top-right corner and select Settings.
- Finally, tap the Update Messaging option. …
- A list of changes made to Instagram Messaging will be displayed; tap Update to proceed.
Why are my Instagram messages not purple?
You have probably noticed that only the messages you send have a different appearance. If you send several in a row, their color usually fades from purple to blue. However, the ones that you receive haven’t changed a bit; they’re still gray. Some people believe that this change is supposed to make chatting easier.
How do I change my chat settings on Instagram?
How to update Instagram messaging
- Start the Instagram app and tap the DM icon at the top right of the screen. Tap the DMs arrow. …
- You should see a pop-up screen that invites you to upgrade to Messenger. Tap “Update.” …
- You’ll see a page indicating your messaging has been updated. Tap “Continue.”
How do you change the message response on Instagram?
To change an emoji reaction, tap and hold on an emoji to enter the customization mode. You’ll see all the available emojis at the bottom. Browse or search for a particular emoji and then tap an emoji to add it to the quick response menu. You can then choose another emoji and repeat this process.
Why can’t I change the theme on Instagram messages?
If you do not see the theme setting in your Instagram Messages, then you need to update the Instagram app. Open Play Store (Android) and App Store (iOS) and search for Instagram. Tap on Update. … Only when you have the new icon you will be able to use themes in Instagram chats.
What are Instagram colors?
Instagram uses the colors purple, yellow, orange, red, blue, and many others, for most of their brand assets. The hexadecimal color code for their purple, for example, is #833AB4. In the RGB color model, that same purple has 131 red, 58 green, and 180 blue or (131, 58, 180).